Monday, March 20, 2006

Don't ask me why ...

At times, when the engineering mind has been hit by a crisis and has painstrickenly managed to get out of it alive, he subjects to change.

That's exactly what did NOT happen with me.(As oxymoronic as it may seem to some of whom, who may ACTUALLY read this)

The phrase "Life is Tough!" is possibly the most common graffiti that one might see anywhere around me (by which I mean my bench in college). The phrase has been stuck with me for quite sometime now, I fail to remember when it started. If my memory serves me right (which it normally doesn't), I think it was my brother who implanted that idea in my head when I was 14 or 15 yrs old. Guess he moved on from the phrase whereas I seemed to have failed to do so. It seems like a perfect answer to any problem that one might have.
To demonstrate :-

  • Computer conked! - "yea well, life's tough!"
  • Constipated, stuck in the toilet for 2 hours - "yea well, life's tough!"
  • Your girlfriend dumps you. - "yea well, life's tough!"
  • This post sucks. -"yea i know who's gonna read it anyway..."

Amidst all this, one wonders why such submission towards 'life". And the answer lies in myself because I never completed the phrase. It goes : "Life is Tough...So am I".

1 comment:

Shiv said...

Dude... I have caught the fever too! Guess what my screensaver and my mobile phone displays???