Monday, June 20, 2005

Hail AUTOMAN !! - Part 1

Here follows an account of my most dreadful, tiring, happening day of my life thus far. Not as dreadful now cos I only learnt from the experience, not lost.

May 23rd,2005

6:00 am : I get up at a friends place (this friend is further referred to as : Largeman) as I had slept off at Largeman's place the previous night. I decide i need to go to college which is apparently 37 km's away from where I reside ie : the city of chennai. Reason cited for going to college : I need to collect my 12th std pass certificates and my mark sheets which presently reside in some draw of a dusty office table in the college I study.
Reason cited for retrieval of these documents : I need to get a certain stamp on my passport which will enable me to travel abroad, viz ECNR - Emmigration Clearence Not Required.

6:15 am : Another friend of mine ( henceforth referred to as : DG.. personal note : sorry Largeman ) calls me and says she'll be going to college by an AC car to collect some of her hostel stuff as she's moving back into the city.(Here you may note that my college is in the middle of nowhere) So, Therefore I request permission to tag along with her to do what I intend to do.

8:30 am : I reach home and have a bath, change to "college clothes" and make my way to DG's place.

9:00 am : DG and I start for college!

10:10 am : The two of us reach college and I make my way to the office to do the needful. Here I find only 3 people in the office. Reason cited : it's vacation-time ( apparently ). Here I converse with this "elderly chap" who after quite a bit of cajoling told me to find a mr.prakash from the ECE dept.

10:12 am thru 10:30 am : I get to the ECE dept to search for this Mr.Prakash but in vain.

10:35 am : I report back to the "Elderly Chap" informing him that I was unable to find the Mr.Prakash whom he referred to. In response the "Elderly Chap" starts lecturing me on how students these days are irresponsible and don't know how to get their own job done. I don't know if it was my luck or perhaps "fate" as some may call it that this Mr.Prakash was standing just outside the office when the Elderly Chap exited the office. There upon me came another lecture on responsibility and more bullshit.

10:40 am : I manage to get in a word with Mr.Prakash about my job at hand. He tells me to wait for sometime at the office while he finishes some "work" and gets back to me.

10:50 am : I'm waiting at the office ......

11:00 am : I'm still waiting .

11:05 am : I get fed up of waiting and make my way back to the ECE dept to find Mr.Prakash.

11:10 am : I find Mr.Prakash in an AIR-CONDITIONED laboratory SITTING !! ... jus pointlessly SITTING !!
I approach him and ask him for the job at hand yet again. He says "Go to office and wait!!"

11:30 am : I'm back to waiting at the office

11:40 am : I'M WAITING !!! ....

12:00 pm : I get fed up of waiting for the second time today and go to meet Mr.Prakash. Sit in front if him in the AIR-CONDITIONED lab ( Ah ! Blissfully cool !! ) and stare at him till finally I get my views accross to him that I want my damned certificates.

12:15 pm : He is convinced that I need them badly enough so the two of us make our way back to the office.

12:30 pm : A tired Juvenile makes his way back to DG's car with his cerificates in hand and DG and her esquire ( ie me and the driver ) get out of the college premisis.

1:00 pm : I meet Largeman! The two of us are supposed to go to this other friend's place ( henceforth referred to as Bluff ) to "study". But I realize that I don't have my passport. I need my passport to submit along with the certificates to dear mother of mine who I'll be meeting later today at my grandma's place.

Okay, I've as now got fed up of writing everything according to the timeframe. Lets switch to normal mode.

So, I make my way back home collect my passport and get back to Largeman and the two of us are off to Bluff's place in an auto. We reach Bluff's place at around 2:00pm and have lunch there, wherein I relate to my dear friends the happenings of the day thus far. But little did I know that I had worse coming....

At around 3:00pm we decide to sit to study. So,
I say "Hey Largeman, get me my book! "
Largeman : Where's it?
Juvenile : In my bag !
Largeman : Bag ? Where's your bag? You dint bring any bag.
Juvenile : Ofcourse I did .. thats where I have my passports and cerificates and stuff.
Largeman : YO ASSOLE !! It isn't here !!
Juvenile : SHIT, I must've left it in the auto !!

Saying this I run down in a desperate attempt to find the auto driver but in vain ....

Hmmm... I'm gettin sleepy and hungry now .. I propose that I finish this story later in full "Josh" ..

Story : Continued in next post .. ( Comments welcomed ! )

No comments: